기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

Weeks in Review [2]

30TH SEPTEMBER 2019 - 7TH OCTOBER 2019


After the first briefing, I got 1:1 tutorial with Oliver on Monday 30th Sep. What I need to was thinking about the first project but I misunderstood because I forgot to read unit guide. I told him honestly I do not know what should I do and he gave some advice about first project.

After doing first tutorial with Oliver, I began to read first project contents and references on unit guide. At first I was interested in the system which made by coding rather than analog one. However, there was limit to create what I want. So I changed my mind to make by using drawing the system by hand.



Firstly, I set up the rules using 3 types of shape which were circle, rectangular and triangle. However, I found that the system was quite similar with another system which made by https://conditionaldesign.org/.


Before modification
After modification


So I changed again using three colours of lines and dots. When I made the rule, I wrote down the sentence "draw the curve" but tutor said there are a lot of types of curve. It means the curve could not be draw what I expect. He recommended to experiment with my rule in order to see the result because I can see my problem through running my system. I changed "draw the curve" to "draw twisting curve/line" and I asked my peer to run my system. She drew the line but it seemed like pig tale. I had difficulty to express what I want because of my low level of English, and she was willing to help me. Finally, I got final rules of system and I ask 10 people to carry out. Some of them were confused about "curve" so I showed my example.








My system was carried out and they made of a myriad of pattern. They seems quite similar with each other but different. It was very interesting because of different colours and shapes of lines. I think I got good result and it was good experiment.

On Monday 7th October, we got presentation and it was good time to see other peers' work and their process of works. Some made by using code based on we learnt last Wednesday in coding seminar. They also used screen shot code Oliver taught. Some works seemed regular and some were not but they were interesting. I want to try to make the system by using code next time. Because it looks like graphic art. Before making project 1, I wonder how the system relate to art so it was really good time to try making work which I have not experienced.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Borders&Bounderies [Process-coding]

<  <Coding before changing the design>> I tried to change the background colours when I hover the text. Result: This is the coding I tried to give blend mode effect before realising that I can use the blend mode in CSS Result: After I knew that I can use blend mode CSS as well, I applied it and the images/texts were more clear than before .overlay { position : absolute ; bottom : 110px ; background : rgb ( 255 , 0 , 0 ); mix-blend-mode : multiply ; width : 300px ; transition : .5s ease ; opacity : 0 ; padding : 300px ; text-align : center ; } .container:hover .overlay { opacity : 1 ; } --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------- ---- << Coding After changing the topic/ design>> I had difficulty when I had done coding, especially in the third page which has hover effect a lot. In order to check precisely the division of the pag...

Weeks in Review [1]

23RD SEPTEMBER 2019  I learned how drawing can be related to systems. At first, I was quite confused since I have not thought that I can do a drawing about systems without computer and machine. Because the word 'system' I thought was directly related to computer. I learned the exact meaning of system, which is a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network.  We especially drew 'complex system' a lot, meaning one in which the individual elements interact to create something that is greater than the sum of its parts. First of all, we drew some straight line but it looked like chaos and disorderly. When we drew something that is constant and orderly, they looked complex system.  After that, the tutor organized 5 teams and instructed teams to make the rule to draw system. Ours were to draw triangles connecting each three points but do not touch the sides of triangle and fill the colour. I learned 'emergence' from this ac...

Data for change [Theme&Target Audience&Research]

[Why and how I chose the theme] When we get the list of topic, our PBL group chose "inequality" and did research. While I researched, I found the interesting news that children in the poorest countries have lost four months of schooling since the start of the pandemic. So I examined the relationship between education and inequality and focused on more school closure in education. Because school closure is one of the reasons that cause inequality during Covid19.  [Target Audience] While I had decided on my topic, I was  in   a   bit   of   a   bind . Because I did not set the target audience before the second presentation. So I needed to choose a specific target audience. Some people living or studying in high-income and middle-income countries might have no experience when they attend the class. I want to let those people know that many people even cannot afford to attend class via media, including online, tv or radio in low-income countries. Moreover,...